Monday, December 18, 2006

Livin' the dream...pump, pump, pump

Ever since my flight landed in San Fran a year and a half ago I knew I had to go back. While many might have thought that it was just a fling… but the UK and I are in love! And in a few short days we will finally be reunited.
On December 26th at 6:30pm my buddy Mark and I will be heading off to the UK. With a handful of cash and freshly printed degrees tucked snuggly under our arms we are going to try and live the life less ordinary.
For the last year I have been working towards getting back to London. I graduated from Central Washington University with my degree in political science and have been working my but off at a lil coffee shop called Starbucks and at a local doctors office.
What’s my plan you might ask; well I have a 6-month work visa through a program called BUNAC. This program helps you get jobs as well as temporary housing. Mark and I both are hoping to transfer with Starbucks until we are able to get “big kid” jobs. For the first week we will stay in London on a mini vacation, then we plan to move up to Manchester and gain permanent residence.
I can’t wait to be back in Jolly old England…
I will continue to keep you updated on my new blog!!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dearest Nikki,

We wish you the very best on your ventures and pray that "The LORD bless you and keep you;
the LORD make his face shine upon you and be gracious to you;
the LORD turn his face toward you
and give you peace."

May the LORD bless you
and protect you.

Love always and forever,
Mom & Dad

Anonymous said...

Wow Nikki! Have fun and be safe! I will be praying for you!

Love, Kim

Anonymous said...

Hey there! Way to live the dream! You are going to have a blast over there. Have fun and be safe. The best is yet to come!

Love Ashley and Luke

PS I love your witty titles!

Anonymous said...

Noodle!!!!
Your blog page is AWESOME! Love the photo and quote!
Heard from your Mom that you already landed a job at Starbucks and start Thursday. Way to rock, kiddo!!!!
Love,
Auntie Alyson

Anonymous said...

Hope your having fun Nikki. Way to go, live your dream while your young!
Antie Reba and Uncle Lance